Saturday, January 14, 2012

So Unfair!

We had gale force winds in our suburb earlier in the week. We 'had' one established tree on our block planted by the builder. It hadn't been pruned particularly well over the years by the previous owner and had a funny shape to it. I guess it must have caused it to have a weak point.





Play spot the Amber Cat!

The poor tree: a Gleditsia 'Sunburst tree" was literally blown to pieces in the wind. Admittedly it was planted in a windy spot but wow! So much damage. I have the stump grinding guy coming out out on Tuesday, so that I can replace the tree.

I will be buying something ornamental that can withstand a windy spot ASAP. The front garden looks so empty and stark now :(

This tree with alot of TLC had grown a truck load and I don't have a photo of it in full leaf. Wasn't really expecting this to have happened.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin