Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jambalaya Cajun

Image courtesy of www.taste.com


Ingredients
Chuck the following into a slow cooker:

2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp Cajun seasoning (I used the Hot stuff!)
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 can diced tomatoes
2 or 3 tbs of tomato paste
1 cup of chicken stock (I used a heaped tsp of Massel brand)

Mix to combine.
Then add:

1kg of chicken (I used drumsticks)
1 finely diced onion
1 green capsicum, chopped

Stir and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
30 minutes prior to serving add:

500g cooked prawns
2 cups of cooked white rice.

Enjoy of course. Will BBL with the report from La Familia, not sure if the cayenne pepper will be a winner? Wait and see I guess.

The verdict? 90% happy. Fuzzy didn't eat it, but then he is going through a fussy period. Squealy and Stringy loved it. For me this recipe needed more tomato, so I'll add some tomato paste next time I make it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin