Friday, October 7, 2011

A 'Scraps' Quilt


















String Bean has a new bed and needs some new bedding. What a good excuse to make another quilt! Not that I need an excuse.


I spent awhile looking for fabric online and at the last minute decided to check my stash instead. I found the bag of scraps and leftovers from my 'sushi roll' quilt that I made and decided to make up a pattern of my own based on a few that I'd been coveting over at The Moda Bakeshop.



So last night I made the central panel of flowers, which I will blanket stitch today and I have added several borders.


The plan is to make as many borders as I can out of the scraps remaining. Hopefully it will end up big enough for String Beans bed. She is super happy to be getting a quilt using the Hushabye fabric range, from Moda, as it is just gorgeous.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin