Sunday, December 4, 2011

'Braided Scraps' Quilt #2

An update on my most gorgeous quilt which is using Moda fabric Blush range. This braided quilt is just stunning. I am just so pleased with how it is coming along.

I have put all four braids together and trimmed them to the same size.





I've also added the sashing along all the sides and top and bottom.

The next step is to order in some more fabric for the binding and to finish off a extra patch worked sashing. This will make the quilt a full queen size.

It was quite tricky to trim the braids as they kept getting all wonky. I suspect it is something to do with the bias of the fabric. So you can see where I used a chalk pencil, to pencil in the centre line of each braid. Was worried I'd cut them all wrong!




I've also added a photo of my beautiful girl. She has been busy crafting too. She received heaps of crafty things for her birthday recently and she has been slowly working through them all.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin