Saturday, March 21, 2009

Best $14 I've Spent in Ages!

I won an online auction for some beaded jewelry. Total items: 12. Cost per necklace: $1.16. The best part is that now I'll be able to accessorise with whatever I have in my wardrobe.

Retail price would have been over $300 easily, as the necklaces all had price tags still attached.

Feeling quite chuffed with my score. Might have to go and see if I can win a wine auction!

Update: One of our lovely students today at school: "Mrs D has anyone told you today how lovely your necklace looks? It's really beautiful". :-) Made my day.

2 comments:

dixiebelle said...

Ooh, they are pretty and colourful... you could even pull some apart and create some new necklaces! Some op shops still have interesting beads too...

Susana said...

Very true Bec, OP shopping is fantastic. I have a great idea to make myself a new necklace out of a bunch of pretty pink buttons I've got laying around. I'll post a picture when I have time to make it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin