Friday, March 6, 2009

Tying Knots.

Fantail who consumed her body weight in snakes.

Tying knots Guides style: with jelly snakes! Fantail and Quokka were teaching the girls how it's done. I have no idea at all. Kookaburra, having grown up through Guiding, could tie a reef knot behind her back.

I did get there in the end. The snakes were an excellent teaching tool, esp. if you chose different coloured snakes. But def. not up to tying one blind, behind my back.


Knot tying is part of earning the Frog badge as is canoeing. In the next couple of weeks Stringy will be out on the lake again for a paddle. Lucky girl.


Quokka and String Bean

2 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

I can't wait for my girls to start guides!

Susana said...

They can start as soon as they are in Kindergarten/5 years of age. Our unit is a 5-7 year old unit, although different units run things differently.

They will have a ball!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin