Saturday, August 15, 2009

Op-travaganza #2




















Lucky finds again at my two favourite op shops.

Flapper wear for the party:
* actual tap shoes: $15
* black fluffy bag: $4

A new black coat, Tightrope: $12

2 videos that the tots love: $2

Regal dress ups, crown and cape: $4. Great for Book Week dress up day.

Total spend $37.

Plus I also have something very, very special on hold. Will be going in tomorrow at 3 to pay for it. Watch this space.

Update: I had found an antique Wagner piano yesterday. Beautifully carved and very special. Unfortunately it hadn't been tuned since 1977 and my friend, Annette, came to check it out for me. When she played it even *I* could hear how very badly out of tune and tinny it sounded. Sob it is so special, but not for us. Would cost upwards of $9000 to repair, as it would need all of its guts replaced. Hopefully someone who is into repairing antique pianos buys it. $350 at Salvos Mitchell.

2 comments:

karen said...

Take me with you one day, please. My op-shopping eyes need training!

Susana said...

Sure Karen. I op about once a week atm. Sometimes multiple op shops. hehehe name the day/time darl, it's a date.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin