Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Fire Twirling Dinner Date















We were invited to Mal's last night for a BBQ with the gang.



Many Mimosa's followed by the best BBQ ever (Tim cooked Jamaican Jerk Chicken) and beer with lime (Tim's home brew: Cerveza Lobos).









Tim and La Cerveza Lobos.


Photo courtesy of food.theatlantic.com
SuzyBoo's Mimosa Recipe (my fave cocktail atm)

* Good quality sweet champagne - Asti or Ricca Donna are both great
* Sweet juice - orange and mango is particularly nice

Serve half and half in a martini glass. You could chuck a strawberry, mint or orange slice on top if you could be bothered but not really necessary.


















Once we were all nicely inebriated Tim, in his infinite wisdom, pulled out his fire twirling stick. We all had a good go. Tim is fabulous and has been practicing a lot, doing some great tricks. Husband Deluxe loved it, but he managed to get burnt on his upper arm! Go figure. Didn't hurt but he smelt like burnt hair and kero lol.

Am planning on posting Tim's Jerk Chicken Recipe as well.

3 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

S, you have just blogged my xmas dinner! Thank you for the inspiration Sweetie!

Thank you for also being an amazing friend to me during one of the lowest and loneliest times of my life.

Susana said...

Perfect for Christmas I agree. BBQ = no stinking hot kitchen.

& I am so happy to return the favour my dear. You know you were there for me not so long ago. I will never forget the kindness you showed me. Love you babe.

Chris said...

I kicked ass with that fire stick. I lost it a couple of times but my twirl was the coolest.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin