Friday, September 5, 2008

Mini Olympics

Crab Walk between activities.


String Bean had a mini Olympics night at Guides last night. As it is Father's Day on Sunday all the Dad's were invited along. It was so funny watching them slog their hearts out doing the activities.



String Bean and her Daddy were representing New Zealand and won the third place in the Long Jump event. Pretty good going considering we still don't quite know what is wrong with his foot.



Throwing the Javelin.

The four rotations consisted of:
  • Javelin (using a skewer)
  • Discuss (using a paper plate)
  • Shot Put (using a pom pom)
  • Long Jump
Gee I wish I had been involved in Guides as a child. String Bean has so much fun. Tonight she has a Guides Disco to go to! Lucky for me I am training to become a Leader, so I get to join in. Better late than never ;)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin