Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Funny How Things Work Out.

I bought this panel of jungle print quilting blocks when Squealy was a newborn and tucked it away carefully into my stash. Well Squealy is now heading for his 4th birthday in October and it's time to make his very own telly quilt for the lounge room.

While looking through my local Op Shop I was lucky enough to find a stack of quilting magazines and I flicked through and found this pattern in Country Favourites by Natalie Bird.






The best bit is it requires 16 blocks to make the square in a square blocks of which there are in the original fabric purchased!

They also need to measure 3 1/2 inches, which they do!!

Doing the happy dance today. So I figure it is just meant to be. I have a really good feeling about this quilt.

Am now off to equilter to see what I can find in tonal prints to match the fabric I already have. I'll also have to come up with a jungle pattern for the applique in the centre.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin