Friday, June 11, 2010

My New Toy.

I was coveting one of these, but at $1800+, I just couldn't justify it.

So I was excited to see this new model of rice cooker in Super Food Ideas magazine in January. But given it was new I couldn't find it anywhere and when I did (at Big W) it was too expensive... $110 hahaha.

Now my motto with all things retail is to wait and eventually it will be on sale. So I was overjoyed to pick one up at the Big W sale this week for $48.





Breville write up:
"The Emporia Rice and Risotto Maker makes creamy risotto in minutes. Its dedicated saute and risotto functions allows you to saute and cook all in the same bowl."

I know, not as good as a Bimby. I do though, have all the other appliances under the sun that I won't part with. I only really want this so I can cook risotto and not have to stir it constantly.

Last night I made a '3 Cheeses' risotto and it was delicious.

1 comment:

karen said...

Bargain! Well done for your self control and waiting - it certainly paid off. Your little dog looks hungry in that second photo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin