Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zucchini & Walnut Cake

My zucchini loaf!

Zucchini and Walnut Cake

1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarb
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 small zucchini, grated
1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2/3 cup vegetable oil, I used canola
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 180d.
2. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
3. Chuck in all the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add all the wet ingredients and lightly mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes.

Serve in slices with butter. Serve warm from the oven with 'real' butter... delicious. The boys loved this. An easy and sneaky way to get veggies into the tots.

I've blogged this as Simon thought you couldn't make a 'zucchini cake'... umm yes you can & for Tim who thought it tasted like carrot cake! :-)

2 comments:

karen said...

Oh! Is this what I missed today? Bugger! It looks delish.

Susana said...

Umm no. I kinda forgot to pack the cake! But I did pack yummy cheese and crackers. Andy pigged out on them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin