Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Challenge

A challenge from my friend Brazen. She always comes up with good ideas. Remember when you challenged us to clean our fridges? I haven't redone mine since *blush*. So here it is:
  1. please post a photo of your book collection on your blog, in your flickr, wherever you can and share the link in a comment here. (you can still play without a photo :))
  2. how many do you have? (rough is fine!)
  3. do you use them much? and if so how?
  4. share your favourites
  5. and if you have a favourite online site that isn't a blog please share that too!!!
1:
Stored above my oven with stuff I don't want my kids to get into.

2: I have around 30 cookbooks. I also have a small collection of magazines going as well (mostly Super Food Ideas).

3: Not as much as I use online places. But I do certainly access them for my favourite recipes. Or if I'm totally bored with my usual repertoire. I have started (two times mind you) a hand written recipe book of all my absolute favourite recipes and magazine cutouts. I'd really like to do this for real sometime, but on the computer so I can give a copy to my kids.

4: My favourite book would have to be: Indian Cooking by Mridula Baljekar. Fantastic authentic Indian cuisine. I love toasting, roasting & grinding the seeds and spices! Much nicer than the commercial pastes and spice blends you get in the supermarkets.

5: www.taste.com.au. I must admit to hitting my local public library weekly with the kids, while there I always get a cookbook to read for inspiration. I was going to blog about my latest *treasure*......so watch this space!

1 comment:

brazen's crafts said...

i should do the fridge thing too, i don't think i've cleaned mine since then either lol

mind you there is an eb thread on 'how long since you cleaned your oven' which i am carefully avoiding...

(i have tried to clean it without using chemicals but it hasn't worked very well)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin