Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Aid

Well today I spent my day at the Guide hall doing a first aid course. I had to miss an afternoon tea with the EB girls, which was annoying. It always seems that way. No social engagements for ages then I have two things on at exactly the same time. Fate conspiring against my social life. But it all evened out anyway as the course was a major social outing anyway.

I walked in and there were another two Leaders who I met at the training day. 7 Leaders from our Guiding Hall (Murrungundie) and an old ABA friend who I haven't seen in quite awhile. I didn't know who to talk to first, always a difficult decision for a Gemini ;) The instructor was lovely, the content was interesting and the day flew by really quickly. I passed the course but it was interesting how much things have changed since I have last done my course (8 years ago and when I was in year 6). They have made the CPR component much easier to remember in the hopes that more people will feel confident enough to administer it. 2 rescue breaths to 30 compressions, regardless of whether it is an infant, child or adult.

Photography by Ben Dearnley

I came home to the lovely aroma of Greek Chicken that my wonderful husband cooked for us. He's just returned from 2 1/2 days of training down the coast. We all missed him terribly. Although String Bean and Fuzzy Wuzzy decided that he was on a mini-break, and that therefore it was all good.

2 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

yum that sounds good!

i think the eb arvo tea was a bit quiet anyway, looks like only a couple would have made it, think you had more of a social occasion where you were!

Susana said...

lol. True.

Re. the dish....C over did the olives a touch. Was very over powering (well for my taste buds). Go for it if you guys like the olives.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin