Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teaching


I've been asked by a friend to teach a scrapbooking class to her Girl Guide group: The Monkeez. They are a lovely group of girls aged 14-18 years of age. I am so looking forward to this opportunity. Scrapbooking became my biggest time sink in 2004 and means that I've been doing so for 4 years.... how quickly time passes when you're engaged creatively. But in all that time I've never been asked to teach a class.

What a set of mixed emotions. I'm fairly confident this will be an OK night for the girls. Maybe better than OK. The strict $20 spend for 8 girls was challenging to say the least. The class is part of a 4 activity rotation, so can only last for 1/2 an hour! Ouch.

So I have planned a simple layout using products from my dealer (opps supplier & friend). Together we raided her sale stock and she very kindly let me take a whole heap of stuff to play with and make packs out of. Oooo how exciting.

In my usual anal style, I have already completed a sample layout to show the girls on the night, have made up 8 packs of supplies, packed up the surplus to return and packed all the necessary tools that we'll need.

I just hope that I haven't underestimated how much girls of this age group can do. I'll be back with my report tomorrow night!

1 comment:

brazen's crafts said...

good luck!

i doubt you've underestimated, i'm sure their chattering and giggling will consuming a lot of time lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin