Monday, January 12, 2009

Flowers from my Grandma.


I've not been at all well this last week and my lovely Grandmother (Abuela Paqui) sent me these beautiful blooms from her garden. Apparently it is from the rose bush I gave to her when she first moved into her new townhouse and was establishing a garden from scratch. It really did brighten up my day. It seems so old fashioned to firstly grow your own blooms and then give then to someone who is feeling under the weather.

Made me feel like Jane Austen for a day. Especially the scene from the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice where Jane and Lizzie are picking flowers in the garden.

2 comments:

nannysue said...

Looks like a Double Delight, everyone in Canberra should have a rose garden the conditions are ideal

Michelle Musiello said...

Oh that was lovely of your Abuela to do that!
so sweet, Give your Abuela a beso grande next time you see her, wont you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin