Thursday, January 8, 2009

From Small Beginnings...

I planted a blueberry plant about 2 months ago and it has already produced some fruit.

Totally delicious. I can't wait to get a much bigger crop next year. Now I'm tempted to plant more into that bed. I'm really keen to try growing rhubarb, so I've got some on hand for make yummy cakes. Apparently it freezes really well. Will have to go see if now if an OK time to plant it.

I've also had a bumper lemon crop this year and am going to try making lemon butter. I love the stuff and the store bought variety is so ordinary and just bland. I will post about how that goes later on.

1 comment:

nannysue said...

Rhubard needs a lot of good humus and fertilizer animal manure is great lots of it, dont forget the leaves are toxic (oxalic acid) stems are fine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin